Certificate for sunglasses
Sunglasses are an optical instrument used individually and designed to protect the eyes from ultraviolet radiation capable of causing eye disease.
According to the current legislation of the Russian Federation sunglasses have to be thoroughly tested to comply with the requirements of GOST, sanitary-epidemiological expertise, hygiene testing of materials used in their manufacture, the toxicological and chemical-physical state.
Certificate for sunglasses is an official document confirming that the product has passed all the necessary inspection, testing, examination, and the quality meets all applicable standards and requirements of the law. Certification tests are carried out to eliminate the possibility of damage to health and, in particular visually impaired person.
As for protection sunglasses are divided into the following types:
- The glasses of high degree of protection (protection from UV and in the blue region of the visible spectrum);
- The glasses of usual degree of protection (UV protection);
- The glasses of cosmetic protection (used as an accessory).
Sunglasses are the subject of getting the mandatory declaration of conformity. After getting the declaration it is also possible to design the voluntary certificate for sunglasses.
Manufacturing or sale of sun glasses without document confirming their quality and safety of health is prohibited by law.
What you need to do to get a certificate for glasses?
To receive the certificate the manufacturer or seller of products should apply to the registered certification center with appropriate state accreditation who is a taxpayer in the Russian Federation.
Certification is carried out by the standard procedure and consists of the following stages:
- filing of an application form for certification;
- providing the necessary documents (possibly notarized copies);
- providing the product catalog;
- providing all previously received certificates;
- laboratory tests and studies to determine compliance with current regulations and standards (or detect non-compliance), followed by the preparation of the relevant documents (protocols or acts);
- taking a decision about the design and delivery of a certificate to the applicant or, in the case of non-compliance with the requirements of the product, to reject;
- issuing a document confirming that the product meets the applicable standards and regulations.
A decision to refuse to issue a certificate for sunglasses is made in cases when there are some inconsistencies of sunglasses’ quality, its characteristics and properties to the existing legislation.