Certificate of origin
Currently the certificate of origin is an official document that is a proof that the certified products have been produced (processed fully or partially) in the state, which is one of the many participants of the formal legislative document, as the Agreement on the establishment of a free trade. The agreement was signed 15.04.1994 between ten countries. They include: Ukraine, Russia, Moldova, Belarus, Tajikistan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Armenia, and Azerbaijan.
There are three types of certificates of origin:
- documents drawn up in the form of A (if the goods are exported to the European Union);
- document which is issued by the general form (for the CIS countries, the non-performance under the Rules for determining the country);
- document is issued in accordance with the form of CT-1 (under the rules).
Between the Russian Federation and other CIS countries the bilateral agreements are concluded, according to which the products produced in the territory of the States or imported into their territory, has benefits to pay VAT on the product if there is a certificate form ST-1. The original certificate of origin is required for submission to the customs authorities together with the customs declaration (cargo) and a package of other documents necessary for customs control.
For more information on the certificate of origin
According to the law of the Russian Federation № 5003-1 ot21.05.1993, a product whose origin is not installed or is not significantly found only released after paying the maximum rates of customs duty (Government of the Russian Federation of 12. 07.1999. № 798). In some cases it is not required to provide this document:
- If the goods are carried across the border by an individual for personal use;
- If the goods imported into the territory of the Russian Federation, are stated to the regime of temporary import or international customs transit, with full exemption from customs duties (taxes);
- If the total value of goods transported through customs by one sender and sent specifically to the same consignee, at the same time and by one way do not exceed 20,000 rubles.
Also, this type of certificate may be required to provide the banks in case if the settlements between the parties on foreign trade operations on credit and indicated the need for the provision of such a document.
These types of certificates are given by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation. It shall be issued for each delivery, carried out by one shipper to one consignee by one or more vehicles in Russian as well as English languages. Seek help of certifications to the CA in Novosibirsk.
Registration of the certificate of origin for any product is issued on the printed form A-4, which has a special protection. The validity period of such certificates is 12 months from the date of issuance. Rules and policies of this type of supporting documents are described in the decision of the Council of Heads of Government of the international organization of the CIS, received 30.11.2000.